Meet the Team
Francis Hur BArch BS
Francis has overall responsibility for design, planning and development at PTF. He is American qualified to practice architecture and has over 20 years of experience in the profession.
Francis is originally from New York, but now resides full time in London. He has a wealth of international experience gained from working in the UK (London), the US (New York) and Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur) which he uses to bring the best from all worlds.
In 2000, Francis was awarded the Robert S. Brown Traveling Fellowship for his research on material life-forms in Malaysia entitled, "Local Delicacies". In 2007, he was selected as winner of the Schedium series for Emerging New York Architects.
Francis is professionally licensed and registered with New York State. He serves as an ongoing mentor for the AIA UK Student Design Charrette and has served as a guest reviewer for various architecture schools in the UK.
Some examples of projects Francis has worked on include:
• A 59 unit residential building in prime Central London.
• A conversion of a 1901 historic listed former courthouse into government offices in Long Island, New York.
• A black box theatre within an 1869 historic listed former hospital in upstate New York.
• High density design of apartment buildings in: Singapore and Shenzen, China (3,600 units).
• Commercial office developments in: Central London (15,000 sqm) and Kuala Lumpur (21,000 sqm).
• Retail developments in: Stratford, Kent, Cardiff, Moscow and Kuala Lumpur.
• Masterplanning of Kowloon waterfront, Hong Kong.
• Extension of University of Amsterdam Campus, Nederlands.
• A library in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
• Boutique holiday villas in East Malaysia.
• Redevelopments for numerous private clients in London and beyond, many of which are in buildings listed under Historic England and in conservation areas.
Francis is married and has a young son. Outside of work, Francis likes to read about and visit historic and cultural sites.
Click here to go back to rest of Team.